inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
- Artikel-Nr.: 10109
- Versandgewicht: 0,11 kg
New Masters® Classic Acrylics from Old Holland
In 1998 the chemists at Old Holland started initial research work on a range of Classic Acrylic
Colours and Mediums. It was a long-held dream of the late owner of Old Holland, Professor
Theo de Beer, to create an acrylic paint worthy of carrying the brand name “Old Holland” (or
“Scheveningen” colours as they are still known in Europe because of the city in which they
were originally manufactured) and he personally named the project “New Masters” as he felt
that just as Old Holland oils were used in the works of many of the old masters, it should thus
follow that Old Holland acrylics would be used today by the new masters of art. “
The primary criteria were established as follows.
1. The range should compliment the existing oil and watercolour ranges, being a unique
mixture of the best traditional colours representing Old Holland’s heritage dating back
to 1664, yet also including the finest pigments born of new technologies underlining a
constant search for the new and exiting colours to enhance the artist’s palette.
2. All pigments used must be lightfast to ASTM 1 and 2 or BWS 7+ standards.
3. In keeping with the Old Holland tradition, each colour must be formulated with the
maximum pigmentation possible in the binder system.
4. Old Holland Classic Acrylics must be formulated free from extenders or fillers of any
5. 100% pure acrylic resin must be the backbone of the binder system to give excellent