inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
- Artikel-Nr.: 10130
- Versandgewicht: 0,18 kg
WARNING: EYE IRRITANT. INHALATION OF SPRAY MIST HARMFUL. DO NOT SPRAY APPLY.
GOLDEN Wetting Agent is a surfactant. A surfactant is a concentrated surface-active liquid which reduces surface tension, thus improving wetting and increasing the flow of acrylic waterborne paints.
A surfactant is used several ways in acrylic paint making. Surfactants are used to "wet out" pigments to ease their introduction into an acrylic resin, medium or gel. They can also be added to thinner paint mixtures, such as stains, to help reduce surface tension.
Wetting Agent is very useful for staining techniques, as it dramatically reduces the surface tension between the stain (paint/water) and the support. Certain supports, especially raw canvas, are inherently water repelling in nature and require the use of such a surface-active agent to allow the stain to wet and penetrate into the support
NOTE: Always pre-dilute Wetting Agent before adding to a paint mixture. This product is a powerful surfactant, and we recommend adding minimum amounts to a mixture and increasing levels gradually. Always try to use the least amount require to achieve the desired effect.
- Mix 1 part Wetting Agent to 10-20 parts water. Use this mixture whenever adding the Wetting Agent into a paint system.
- When painting on non-absorbent surfaces (not staining), do not exceed the level of 3% Wetting Agent/water mix in the paint to minimize water sensitivity.
- For staining applications on absorbent surfaces, higher levels of Wetting Agent may be used as it will be absorbed by the support.
- Use Wetting Agent to pre-wet canvas or paper to increase the staining or spreading capabilities of the paint.
- For stains1, in order to avoid over-adding Wetting Agent, begin by creating an Wetting Agent/water mixture. The suggested starting point is 3 teaspoons of Wetting Agent to 1 quart of water (15ml to 1 liter). Test how readily the mixture absorbs into the fabric or other support, and add more Wetting Agent as needed, but do not exceed 3% of the entire mixture, or 30ml.
- Label the container "Wetting Agent/Water mixture" and use as needed to add into acrylic paints and mediums, or used to pre-wet the canvas prior to staining.
- Pre-wetting the canvas with water or a water/Wetting Agent mixture will facilitate the penetration of the stain into the weave of the canvas.
- For hardedge stains, incorporate the Wetting Agent into the stain, but work on dry supports that have not been pre-wet.
Shaking or rapid stirring will increase foaming of material and paint mixtures. To minimize foam, handle carefully.
Excessive use of Wetting Agent can cause water sensitivity of the paint film, result in film tackiness, or increase foaming tendency.