These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
This product is currently not available.
Please inform me as soon as the product is available again.
Content: 0.18 Liter (51.11€ * / 1 Liter)
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
Classification according to the CLP regulation:
- Order number: 11861
Matte Medium Increases fluidity and reduces sheen Fluid Painting Medium... more
Product information "Liquitex - Fluid Medium mat"
Increases fluidity and reduces sheen
- Fluid Painting Medium
- Texture: Fluid
- Sheen: Matte
- Relative Opacity: Transparent
- Creates a matte, non-reflecting finish when added to acrylic colors.
- Mix into any acrylic paint to increase transparency and extend color, increase matte sheen, increase film integrity, ease flow of paint and add flexibility and adhesion of paint film.
- Mix with Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish to produce a semi-gloss or satin medium.
- Opaque when wet, translucent when dry.
APPLICATION AS AN EXTENDER:
- Mix with Liquitex Soft Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase translucency, while maintaining viscosity.
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color or Basics Acrylic Color to extend volume and increase translucency, while decreasing paint viscosity.
APPLICATION AS A FIXATIVE:
- Use as a matte fixative over artwork (pastel, graphite, chalk) to decrease gloss or shine. Mix 1 part Matte Medium to 1 part distilled water and apply with atomizer or airbrush. Excess medium applied to the surface may cause fogging.
APPLICATION AS A GROUND:
- Recommended fluid medium to use as a transparent ground (size), with excellent tooth and adhesion, instead of gesso. This will allow the color and texture of the support to show through. Can be used as a substitute for the rabbit skin and hide glue size traditionally used for oil paintings.
- For best results use Liquitex Clear Gesso which has more tooth for paint and pastels.
- Exterior Murals: If the support or wall is somewhat smooth, a coat of Matte Medium should be brushed or two coats sprayed onto the surface prior to gessoing.
Related links to "Liquitex - Fluid Medium mat"